Isn't it Ironic?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Lovetoteachkids, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 27, 2007

I just got a call from a girl I used to teach 4th grade with. The girl that took over my spot 3 years ago when I resigned, just resigned from her 4th grade position yesterday. So my old position in my old school is open, the same year I am sitting here trying to get a job again. How ironic is that?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 27, 2007

ARe you going for it?

4. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 27, 2007

Absolutely. I already interviewed with this principal but got a rejection letter last week. (My old principal transferred to another building). My rejection letter was positive though in that he said it was a difficult decision and my credentials, resume, etc were very imressive and to feel free to apply for subsequent positions. Maybe they say that to everyone though, I dont know!

In any case, the position isn't posted yet. She just put in her resignation yesterday, but gossip at my old school travels fast! So I already talked with the principal's secretary and my letter of intent will be on its way by tomorrow.

5. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2007

What was the position you didn't get? Doesn't he know you used to work there? I would think that makes you the likely person to get any available position there!! Good luck!! Let us know!! That would be so great to go back to your old school!! Did you resign on good terms?

6. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 29, 2007

I taught 4th and the interview was for 5th. I left on great terms. All the teachers I taught with are still there plus some new. And new administration and secretaries. The new guy knew I had worked there before, a teacher even called on my behalf and he hired a girl right out of college from what I hear.