Is your school starting online or butts in seats?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Tired Teacher, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Connoisseur

Sep 1, 2020

Most only taught the minimum # of yrs ( 3 here) needed to become a P from what I have seen. The ones like that were usually crappy teachers just from what I have seen.

2. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 8, 2020

I had F2F during summer school and now we are all coming back starting tomorrow. There are some remote students but I don't have any on my class list. They are not mixing F2F and remote students within classrooms so teachers will have one or the other. Nothing has really changed except extra cleaning protocols and since I have a large classroom with only 4 students I can space them out.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 8, 2020

They probably once were teachers BUT if it was 10 or more years ago they might now what teachers are dealing with now. Or they might have forgotten!

4. miss-m

miss-m Devotee

Sep 9, 2020

We started online yesterday. I was really glad my district decided to do remote learning since cases are so high in the county, but after 2 days of it I'm exhausted. This is HARD, and I'm pretty tech savvy. I had a couple lessons go well today, and my kids are learning how to get on meetings, but a lot of them are late and show up in the middle of a lesson.
    I'm up to 75% attendance max. Some new kids showed up today, and I'll probably have a couple more tomorrow, but it's just a lot to manage.

It's been 2 days and I'm already questioning whether this is going to be worth it or not. I'm glad it's safe, but there's no grace for the adjustment period.

5. Tired Teacher

Sep 9, 2020

It is good they have separated the two. I hope you have a great year!

6. Tired Teacher

Sep 9, 2020

I remember being exhausted from it too last yr. Then I started enjoying rolling out of bed, drinking coffee, and being at work. :)

bella84 likes this.
  7. Aces

Aces Devotee

Sep 9, 2020

Some unholy combination of the two. We’ve got some actually in school and some at home. It’s...uh... ok. We started back 11-Aug so we’re right on our month marker. I feel like it’s going smoother now because we had more of a Pan and new what to expect. But like our first day back we literally had a major internet outage in the district. That was a night mare sorting out.

8. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 10, 2020

Thanks. I'm sure it will be fine since I only have 4 students and at the very most will get 5 but I don't see that happening. I'm thankful to work in a small school.

9. Laperi

Laperi Rookie

Mar 31, 2021

I’ve been working from home and it feels as if I’ve been doing this for ages. I’m really fed up, but there is nothing you can do right? So frustrating. I get excited by things like watching a netflix movie or getting my groceries delivered by hodxpress. And I swear, if there had been no facetime chat at this point in life, I really don’t know in what state my mental health would be. THANK God for that!! Human interaction... Soooo important.

10. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Mar 31, 2021

We have over 90% "Butts in seats" right now. The others are online. I hope the numbers stay low for the rest of the year. Most of the year has been online and although necessary with numbers so high, it was tough on teachers, parents, and most students.