So, I posted on here a few weeks ago that I got a job offer. Well, since then, there has been nothing but drama. First, there was an issue with my references - one of my references had sent in a letter rather than filling out the specific form. Then, something was wrong with my certification information - the HR dept. "lost" my paperwork stating I had passed one of my subject area exams. I spent all week, not being able to sub (i.e. no $$ coming in) driving back and forth across town to processing, driving to my references to beg them to fill out the correct form, etc. Periodically, I checked in with the school (once every 2 days) to let them know where I was in the process, that I was still interested, etc. A few times I was able to get the P's secretary on the phone, but I also left a few messages - that weren't returned. Which, fine, doesn't bother me: I understand that the school is very busy, especially with FCATs right around the corner. However, I got the distinct impression that they were not pleased with the fact that there was a hold-up with processing my application. My offer to come sub for the school in the position that I would eventually be holding was rebuffed. My suggestion that perhaps the school would prefer to call my references directly, rather than me having to drive all over creation to get them (potentially shaving 2-3 days off the time I needed to get my application complete) was also met with a "Let me ask the P and call you back." To which I received no response. By the end of last week, I had the distinct feeling "wow - it feels like this school is trying to blow me off." Well, I feel bad, but in my defense, it really wasn't my fault. When I looked at my app online, it appeared that everything was on the up and up. However, it was only once someone tried to hire me that all these "problems" emerged. Fast forward to Monday of this week. I get the A-OK from HR that my application is rock solid, ready to go. I call the school to let them know. The P's secretary's response: I will submit the request to HR and let you know when your paperwork is ready to pick up. Fast forward to this morning, and I have yet to hear one peep from the school. I called about an hour ago, and was told the P's secretary was not in today. When I mentioned that I was the newly hired teacher, calling to find out if my packet was back from HR, the icy response I got was "I don't know anything about that. You will have to call back when (P's secretary) is here." So, here is the "is this wrong of me?" part: Is it wrong of me that I am going on another job interview (different school, same district) this afternoon??? Those that I have asked IRL seem to think this is fine. I however, am worried about politics and concerned that I might be burning a bridge here. One one hand, if this first school is giving me the blow off, I have to look out for #1 first and foremost. Being courteous and giving this first school as much time as they need to blow me off isn't going to pay my bills. That I shoudl keep interviewing until I have actually signed a contract and have a confirmed start date. However, on the other hand, I am really concerned about making a horrible impression on both P's if it looked like I strung the other school along for two weeks, only to flip-flop at the last minute and accept a position with another school. My district is huge, but small at teh same time. All of the P's know each other. And they talk - a lot. If these two P's thought what I did was shady, it would definitely get around the district. What do you guys think?