Is This Worth Asking the Principal

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Starista, May 24, 2006.

1. Starista

Starista Cohort

May 24, 2006

Hello! :)

Happy end of the school year to all! :)

I asked the principal if she would possibly switch me to 2d grade this year and she couldn't because of "external" reasons.

I asked if it was because I have depression, because I am divorced (they celebrate the sacrament of 1st communion in grade 1), or because my certification in FL is still pending (I just moved!) She said it was none of these things....

It's been kind of on my mind. Worth asking about or let it go? :love:

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 24, 2006

I think she means none of the above-- reasons that have nothing to do with you personally. If they're continuing to employ you, then none of those reasons would have a bearing on a grade switch.

Perhaps the current 2nd grade teacher has seniority within the district or a brother in law in high places. Maybe she's really really bad at other grades. Maybe she's the contact for discounts on pencils and they want to keep her happy.

But I wouldn't sweat it-- it sounds like it has nothing to do with you.

4. Malcolm

Malcolm Enthusiast

May 24, 2006

If this is a Catholic parochial school, external could mean a parish priest or somebody in the diocese.

5. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 24, 2006

Starista- I agree with Alice- don't worry, just let it go. You are still employed- if you were not doing a good job you wouldn't have a job at all. I don't think it has anything to do with the personal reasons you mentioned. It's just school politics. Don't sweat the small stuff.

6. SweetMsNC

SweetMsNC Rookie

May 24, 2006

Starista- I can certainly understand your frustration, I would probably be frustrated too! In one way, I understand what the others are saying. You should let it go, after all, you are still employed. However, if you are serious about being transfered to another grade, you should make an appointment with your principal and further discuss your case. Go in there pepared, do you homework. Explain to her why you should be transfered and in an indirect way, let her know that you expect more of an explanation than "external reasons." That way, at least you'll have more of a concrete answer. By the way, why did you mention your depression to her? Does your depression effect your work performance?

7. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 24, 2006

Starista- honestly, I think you should just stick to a professional meeting if you choose to do so. Don't bring up depression or divorce as they are not related to your job performance.