Is this weird?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by kpa1b2, Aug 5, 2009.

1. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 5, 2009

I just got home from an interview & I'm reflecting on how it what. I think it what pretty well. I brought up the fact that I was on the SIP team at my old school. The principal then asked me if I got the position would I be on their SIP team. Of course I said yes.

SIP has come up in other interviews, but it was not a big deal. Is it unusual for a P to ask if you would be on the team, if you got the job?

I'm just wondering what this means. I'm hoping it means that they liked me & not a question to find out & I'd do things outside of the classroom.

Any thoughts?

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 5, 2009

Personally I think it means they like your response and are already considering how you could fit in with the school but it doesn't mean necessarily that you got the job. It is good news that they were thinking about you in multiple dimensions. It's not a guarantee but it is a hopeful sign.

4. SPECIALEDMAN

SPECIALEDMAN Companion

Aug 5, 2009

It does sound as if the P is checking your "extra curricular” commitment. The P may be a stickler for the whole” team" environment and just wants to check your reaction. Sounds like they are strongly considering you for the position… Good luck!

5. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Aug 5, 2009

I totally agree with the other posters. They are just trying to see how you'd fit in on their "team." I've had questions like would you be interested in heading up a club and things like that? I always say yes because I would go above and beyond...always have.

6. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 5, 2009

A little off topic...

Ironically during my aide interview I was asked if I had any special skills that I could teach for an after school club or something. Since sign language isn't an extra skill for this school, I couldn't think of anything. They have only asked me to be on one committee and that was the first 2 weeks of my job and the classroom teacher told them they were rushing me too fast and she would take my place on that committee. Personally I didn't mind being on it but I wasn't volunteering if it was already taken care of. I knew it was a nice gesture on her part. Three years went by and I was never asked for anything. I did a lot of extra work after hours but no committees and no after school clubs. Then last year I was asked to teach a professional workshop throughout the year. I accepted. This year for my teacher interview I was never asked. I think it is more assumed for teachers to do these things in my school. They don't have that much of a choice.

7. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 5, 2009

I hope so. The P did say that I would know by the end of the day on Monday, if not today. He did say that he's on vacation on Thusday & Friday.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I really don't want to sub this year.

8. Jobsearching101

Jobsearching101 Companion

Aug 5, 2009

Good luck to you!

9. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 5, 2009

Thanks! I just want a job.

10. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2009

I agree that it sounds like he wants to know how strong your commitment would be if he gives you the job. I've always been asked that question. Good Luck!

11. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 5, 2009

I've never been asked directly if I would be on a committee. Guess that's why I'm wondering.

12. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 5, 2009

Don't over think it.... You'll drive yourself insane. Try to do some laundry, catch up on your housework, bake a cake, ANYTHING to stay busy and keep your mind off the interview, the job, or how many days you have until school begins. It sounds promising to me. Just take a break and breathe.:):):)

13. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 5, 2009

Good luck!

14. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2009

Be careful what you wish for/ask for.

Some years I was volunteered to be on so many committees that I felt I didn't have time for my own class.

15. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 5, 2009

I'm not volunteering for any of them. If they ask, I will join. I have done a lot of volunteer stuff over the past 4 years in the community so I don't feel bad about it.