Is this too pushy?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MRl1222, Jul 11, 2008.

1. MRl1222

MRl1222 New Member

Jul 11, 2008

I moved to Texas last year from Michigan, unfortunately my certifications did not transfer. I just passed the Texas exams so now I am looking for a teaching position. The application process in the districts near me is very frustrating because you fill out an impersonal online application for the entire district and that is all. You have to hope a principal chooses to interview you. I have always been a person who does things to make myself stand out in an application process so I am frusterated!! My husband thinks that I should send a resume and letter of interest to all the principals in the area. I am wondering, is this to pushy or crossing any lines?

Thanks.

3. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Jul 11, 2008

Not at all. I did the same thing when I was job-hunting. It got me a couple of interviews!

4. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 11, 2008

Hand deliver them if possible! Push! Push!

5. MJH

MJH Companion

Jul 11, 2008

When I moved districts I also e-mailed my resume to some principals. I always heard back from them and even got several interviews. Principals check their school e-mail daily even through the summer and vaction time but they may not get to the mail.

6. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 11, 2008

I concur - you have to contact the schools. I work for one of the larger districts in the state and I can tell you from experience the HR departments really have their hands full. They can only post a job after they hear officially from a principal there's an opening and sometimes by the time it's posted, the principal has already interviewed and chosen a candidate. I faxed my resume and cover letter to every school personally and would agree with delivering it if that's a possibility for you! Good luck!

7. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jul 11, 2008

Definitely contact the principals. I had to do the same online apps, and none of them got me any attention. It's when I applied directly to the principals that I got noticed -- and got a job.