Is this nice enough??

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissFroggy, Aug 12, 2008.

1. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 12, 2008

3. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Aug 13, 2008

It looks very professional and clean. You do a nice job complimenting the parents about their future help. :) I don't have any suggestions!! Nice work!

4. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 13, 2008

Ok, thanks.. I just want to be sure... I don't KNOW the parents, so I don't want to come off as begging or presumptuous.

5. SuzieQ

SuzieQ Companion

Aug 13, 2008

If I were a parent of your class I would donate or help out . As parents we sometimes we don't know how we can help. This makes it much easier!

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 13, 2008

I love the swimming clip art. When I access your webpage however some of the words in the field trip note (first paragraph especially around the picture) are cut off a bit at the end of each line near column break...

7. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 13, 2008

Thanks... I have been using my mac and things look pretty good overall however I don't like the look of the site on my friend's PC. Are you using a PC? It totally does look different!! I don't know what to do about that except get on a PC and do it again so the formatting is not so weird.

for one thing, my text color and everything is different on the PC, and I used HTML for those... I don't know WHAT happened!! I was using Mozilla on the PC and Mozilla on the mac. When I use Safari my font is a much nicer color!

8. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 13, 2008

Looks great, MissFroggy! I always worry about this, too. Every note I send home ends with 'Thank you for all you do!', but I always think that's so cheesy and doesn't sound heartfelt enough. If only parents really did know how much their help is appreciated!

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 13, 2008

I am on a PC... wonder what most of your families access your site with from home?

10. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Aug 13, 2008

I think if someone really did volunteer, a thank you isn't cheesy. It might sound like that to someone who never lifts a finger. I've volunteered before and didn't get one, and I felt used. I think it's a great way to end a note.