Is this inappropriate? (Dr.Seuss Theme)

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MsVanillawafer, Aug 1, 2011.

1. ally06

ally06 Companion

Aug 1, 2011

I think it is cute as well and think it is appropriate as part of your theme. However, as others have suggested, run it past someone at school if you are not completely comfortable.

2. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Aug 1, 2011

I think it's adorable! I like the idea of you being "thing 1". I think that will take the edge off of any questions or concerns anyone has about it. :)

3. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Aug 1, 2011

Maybe you could diffuse the impact by making desk tags with 1 fish 2 fish, and something else that requires a label with 1 shoe, 2 shoes. Personally, I don't have a problem with it. Universal sells shirts that say Thing 1 and Thing 2 and people buy them for their children. Many, many people wear them and think they are cute/clever. I think if your whole room is Seuss, then you can not go wrong. I saw some Seuss stuff at Target on Saturday, as a change of topic, but perhaps useful to you.

4. Dynamite Boys

Dynamite Boys Companion

Aug 1, 2011

I think it's an awesome idea. If it's the general theme in the classroom, I don't think anyone will take it the wrong way! It's fun!!!

5. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 1, 2011

I do not think it is inappropriate... I like it! :) I am quite the odd duck and think it is a wonderful idea. People purchase t-shirts all the time from Universal Studios that say Thing 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

You should not mourn! There are a lot of ways you can use your new decor! Be creative!!!