Okay, disclaimer: I am NOT saying I am doing this, but the thought has crossed my mind. At the beginning of the month I was offered two positions: 6th grade ela/ss and 7th grade math/science in two different districts. I took the 7th grade math/science position because the opportunity for the board to approve an additional teacher after the first 10 days of school was and still is there, and I would move over to 7th social studies and science. The ELA scared me because I haven't really taught that subject before. In hindsight, I wish I had chose the 6th grade ela/ss. There would've been tons of mentor support (just found out who my mentor was on Thursday in this district and it is a floater, not in school ), the district I am in I thought was la crème a la crème--not so much---I don't have a smart board, an elmo, and I have to share a computer lab with 10 other teachers. My class sizes are huge, over 30. I know the district I turned down has pretty good technology available and smaller class sizes. The position I turned down is still posted. How horrible of a person would I be to inquire if it was still available and consider moving at this point, 1 week into the year? I feel like a jerk for even thinking it, but I would be lying if I said I am not happy with the decision I made and I regret it and wish I could undo it. I am under contract and would have to give a 30 day notice. Nobody throw stones, I am just experiencing some mixed emotions right now, because what I believed about this district is not what has emerged.