Is this cause for concern?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Starista, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jun 16, 2010

Good Morning!

I posted a thread awhile back about leaving a current teaching position (where I'd been employed 6+ years) to begin at a different school.

I am thrilled to share that the interview went well and the principal offered me the job on the spot! :dizzy: I was on cloud 9. She showed me my new classroom, the faculty lounge, the usual. She set up a date the 1st week of July to sign paper work, as she will be out of office at a conference.

When I left the new school I went to my current school and informed my principal that I was not returning for the next school year. I was amicable and professional and she wished me the best!

My friends and I went out and celebrated my happy news. :)

The next morning ( yesterday ) the principal from new school called me to ask that I keep everything confidential and that she'd be calling current school to ensure that I wasn't intending on coming back to them. She asked all this in voicemail as I was not by my phone when she called!

Is this a bad sign? I called her back 1.5 hrs after her VM and she was unavailable. She never returned my call, so I called again at 3 just to pleasantly ask if she was available and the admin. asst. (who is super nice) said she'd left for her vacation.

Please know I am an over-analyzer who reads into too much. I'm the teacher who rereads lines of an email 4-6 times to make sure I am getting the proper tone! :eek::lol:

Do you think this is cause for worry? She & I have a meeting set up in 1st week of July for paperwork.

Thank you all, so so so much for reading. I am very indebted to the professional men and women on this site.

Blessings.

3. Chalk

Chalk Companion

Jun 16, 2010

My gut reaction says you have little worry about, however in the future the best advice maybe one of those old granny phrases: Never count your chickens before they hatch or in our case as educators, never quit at one school till you have a signed contract with another.

I think you will be just fine however sounds like she didn't want you telling all your peers because schools have to interview every qualified applicant and are legally bound to wait until after the closing date of the Application process before they hire someone, technically.

4. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Jun 16, 2010

Maybe she wanted to make sure that you aren't "under a contract" with your old school.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 16, 2010

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

6. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Jun 16, 2010

When I was hired here, I couldn't sign the contract until after July 1. I, too, was nervous. The principal assured me it was just district policy, so I went ahead and resigned my other position in early June to give them ample time to hire someone. However, I was apprehensive also!! Hopefully, it is something like that!! :)

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jun 16, 2010

It sounds fine to me. Put it out of your head.

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 16, 2010

Your new principal sounds like an utter professional.

She wants to ensure that you're not breaking a contract. And she was kind enough to give you a heads up in case you hadn't yet resigned from your current position.

I like her a lot, and have never even met her!!

9. Starista

Starista Cohort

Jun 16, 2010

Thanks! I love you guys! :love: