Is there someone from Kansas here?

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by azreader, Jul 18, 2007.

1. azreader

azreader Rookie

Jul 18, 2007

I received a call from the HR of a school district in Garden City, Kansas. He saw my name at teachers-teachers.com and wanted me to be interviewed for a secondary English teacher position tomorrow. Since I still have to be interviewed in Nevada, I agreed to a phone interview tomorrow for Kansas.

Although I do not mind relocating to a small town (population is about 28,000) in the midwest since I enjoyed living in Indiana before relocating to California, I really do not have an idea of what to expect in Kansas?

Perhaps there is someone here who teaches in Kansas and can give me more information about the place?

3. emmyblemmy

emmyblemmy Companion

Jul 18, 2007

I wish I could tell you more, but I moved to the KC metro area 1 year ago to teach and don't know much about anywhere outside of it. Have you applied out in KC/surrounding suburbs? There are some fantastic districts out in some of the suburbs that are nationally recognized for academic excellence. If you're considering a move to the Midwest, KC is a great option- a lot of people don't realize what kind of "hidden jewels" you will find out in the Midwest! Sorry I couldn't be more help with the Garden City issue. Good luck with your search!

4. azreader

azreader Rookie

Jul 18, 2007

I agree about the hidden jewels in the midwest. This is why I am pursuing the possibility of teaching in Kansas. But it is good to hear a confirmation about the joys of living in the midwest.

Thank you.