Is there normally a "lull" in the application process towards end of the school year?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by msmac21, Jun 8, 2014.

1. msmac21

msmac21 Companion

Jun 8, 2014

This is my second season of job searching but my first where I've actually had several interviews and calls in the spring. Question for all of you veterans at this.

I had a second round interview at the beginning of May. I did not get a call about the interview. I called and emailed but have gotten no response. Now this isn't the first time it's taken them awhile to get back. Same thing happened after my first round interview and I eventually got a call after I'd given up hope (about three weeks after the first interview). They honestly aren't very on the ball. But seeing as it's been longer now... I'm wondering if I just didn't get the job. Other thing to note is that the school (charter school system) updates when a posting has been filled- so if someone else got the job it would've updated my status to "job closed". Hasn't happened yet.

Should I lose hope or keep hoping? Is there generally a gap in may/june because it's the end of the year and schools are too busy to interview/call? Should I expect things to pick up now that school is ending?

I also had another interview (screening) in the second week of May that I haven't heard back about. So same situation. Idk if I am just being naive and should realize that obviously I just didn't get the jobs but not sure about the timing of it all.

Anybody had any experience with this type of situation?

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jun 8, 2014

Things are INSANE at most school districts right now. They're graduating students, looking who comes in next year, looking at who is staying, and crunching the numbers. THEN they'll have to see which teachers stay, who wants to switch grades, and who wants to leave for good. Once all that dust has settled, they will get around to updating and interviewing.

4. msmac21

msmac21 Companion

Jun 9, 2014

Thanks catnfiddle, you made me feel better. That's what I thought and I keep telling myself that but at the same time I'm wondering if I got passed up too! I'll keep hoping! : )