Is there hope?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by eowensteach, Jul 27, 2014.

1. eowensteach

eowensteach Rookie

Jul 27, 2014

So I've been searching for a job since April and I've had a few interviews but no luck quite yet. I have two different questions, your opinion and input will be helpful and appreciated.
    1. I had an interview on Monday for a position at a middle school I would love to work at but for a position that I didn't think would be the best fit for me. The principal called and left a message stating that they decided to go in another direction with the position but if there is anything that I am qualified for to please apply and they will try to get me in. Well today a Middle School Language Arts position opened at the same school, do you think I have a shot?

2.I received a call Friday for an interview for a position I am not certified yet to teach because I have to retake my exam. I plan to re-take the exam the first full week of August, which is the first time I will be able to take the exam again. I'm concerned because school starts the following week, anyone have any advice?

3. msmac21

msmac21 Companion

Jul 27, 2014

1. Sounds promising, I would definitely apply and also call the principal and let him know you're applying and that you would love for him to "get you in" for that position!
    2. Go on the interview anyways and explain the situation. If they're interested in you they'll wait.

Good luck!!

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 27, 2014

There's always hope...go for both!

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 27, 2014

1. Definitely sounds promising! Apply and call the principal. Prepare for the call and give a few examples of why you'd be a great fit (incorporate something they highlighted in the interview if you can).
    2. Go on the interview, you never know. They may be able to hire you and give you the school year to pass the test if it is hard to fill.

6. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 27, 2014

Having a principal tell you to apply for openings you'd be interested in and they will try to get you in is VERY GOOD!! Having someone who already knows you and has interviewed you tell you that is a good sign. Do It!!!

7. eowensteach

eowensteach Rookie

Jul 28, 2014

So the interview went great . Now I'm not sure what to say if offered the postion because I have to retake test