Is it wrong to laugh at this?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by lemonhead, Sep 5, 2009.

1. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Sep 5, 2009

3. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Sep 5, 2009

I think afterward all of the models took off their shoes to support her and another model who kept falling down. So the last time they all went down the runway they did so barefoot- if this is the same one I am thinking it is. I saw this floating around not too long ago, but it was just screen captures. Then another magazine or something had some of its employees walk down the sidewalk in NYC I think and see how they did in the shoes.
    That second fall looked painful- yikes, her ankles were giving out, yikes.

4. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Sep 5, 2009

I'm not really seeing the humor. And it was really unprofessional of the news anchors to laugh. (Not that you can always control laughter, but still...)

5. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Sep 5, 2009

aww . . . poor thing, looked like it did hurt! However, to me the funny part is those news anchors who can't stop laughing! Sometimes when you are NOT SUPPOSED TO LAUGH you get the giggles and it is uncontrollable. That has happened to me in such inappropriate places, I understand how it can happen. Lemon - those laughing men and that straightfaced woman are what made me laugh!

6. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 5, 2009

I agree! I was laughing at the news anchors laughing.

I felt bad for the model though; that must have hurt; I'm thinking that heavy water container must have thrown her off balance?

7. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Sep 5, 2009

They wear the weirdest shoes - I constantly marvel that any of them can walk, let alone strut, without falling down! Must be their center of gravity is not as strong as mine!!!

8. becky

becky Enthusiast

Sep 5, 2009

We sometimes watch that news, and I'm surprised at the unprofessional attitude they are showing.

9. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Sep 5, 2009

I agree the model falling really isn't funny but the news anchor's laugh did make me smile. I don't think it's any worse than America's Funniest Home Videos.

10. ahsila

ahsila Companion

Sep 5, 2009

The shoes weighed more than she did... poor thing didn't have it in her to lift those shoes high enough to properly walk. I personally did think the clip itself was kind of funny. Maybe that makes me a bad person, but at least I'm a bad person who's laughing.

11. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Sep 6, 2009

I have trouble not laughing when people fall (I know that probably makes me a really evil person). Maybe because I'm really clumsy and do it all the time and try to laugh at myself when it happens. I love bloopers like that of the news because usually they are so composed and serious - but we all know what happens when you get a case of the giggles!

12. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Sep 6, 2009

That's what I laughed at...the anchors laughing. They had a serious case of the giggles. Of course I felt sorry for the girl. Should have explained myself.

If I watch AFV and they show people falling I find myself laughing sometimes but other times, like when you know it hurt, I think they shouldn't show it.

13. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 6, 2009

Oh, come on! Both aspects of the video are funny. I had seen this quite some time ago, and I still laughed out loud. That second fall is the longest in recorded history, and the anchors' reaction is amusing. :)

Am I seriously one of only two people to find the fall itself entertaining? Really? Well, I just refuse to believe that.

14. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Sep 6, 2009

No, I agree with you. I smiled at both parts! I am also super clumsy, tripping at least, AT LEAST, once everyday. So, to see someone else trips, well..., that makes me smile. :)

15. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Sep 6, 2009

16. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 6, 2009

I think one reason I find this entertaining is the sheer ridiculousness of the entire runway. I know I couldn't and wouldn't want to walk down a slippery strip of flooring in absurd outfits and towering shoes...that's why I'm not a model (that, and this face of mine, about twenty other reasons, and a hundred pounds.) :)

I'm not laughing AT the models, but the entire culture...(which may not be better, but is the truth).

17. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Sep 6, 2009

I didn't laugh at the model because I was embarrassed for her. I DO laugh at America's Funniest Home videos, because those people voluntarily submitted something to be laughed at. She did not.

I do hope that the model can look at the clip now and laugh, though. Or, who knows? Maybe she was laughing while it happened.