Hi all, I am currently a reading teacher at my school. Last year I took what I could get and took this half time position in order to get a foot in the door. Two weeks after hiring me the school decided to pay National Louis tuition to have me Reading Recovery trained. I agreed but let them know up front that my goal was to get in the classroom and not stay a reading teacher. On April 1st I interviewed right along with all the outside candidates for a K 1 or 2 position at my school. There were 11 other people who interviewed. Right before my interview he scheduled a meeting with me to offer me full time in my current position next year. I told him my goal was to get in the classroom ,and I still wanted to interview for the K 1 and 2 job. It was awkward because these were my colleagues I was interviewing with. The interview went very well-actually it was excellent. I answered the questions perfectly-so I think! My principal told me I would not know until the end of April. The board meeting is scheduled for the last Tuesday in April. Does he have to get permission from them to take me out of my current position and put me in a classroom or is it completely up to him? I have had to go to work everyday not knowing where I stand for next year until I hear about this. What is the hold up? Why wait until the end of the month? I know I have a job next year. Our riffing period is passed. Out of the three positions I know a student teacher of ours from last year is getting one of them. Our Super told her she would pretty much have to bomb the interview not to get one of the jobs. That leaves two openings. Any thoughts on why the decision is taking so long? His last comment to me after the interview was--I will not be able to tell you until the end of the month but that would still give you four months to plan. Was he saying yes? Thanks for any feedback! Hopefully I will find out this week. I know it is a dilemma for them because it would leave my current hard to fill position open.