Is it too much if I email these principals again?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by heather002, Jun 6, 2016.

1. heather002

heather002 Rookie

Jun 6, 2016

I just graduated from college and looking for a job.
    Around 2 weeks ago, I found some positions I really really liked and applied for them.
    Then, I emailed the school principals with my resume attached and cover letter as the body of the email. None of them has replied, and I'm thinking emailing them again. But at the same time, I'm afraid that I'm going to annoy them by sending the same email again. Is it too much if I email the principals again? Please help :(!!

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Jun 6, 2016

We all know how much new graduates want a job, but yes, it is too much to email the principals again, IMHO. If you filled out the applications, most of which are online, there is a procedure that needs to be followed. I know how hard it is to wait, but if you go into overkill, that gets around, and not in a good way. I know this isn't the answer you wanted, but it may be the one you need. May I ask what state you are in?

4. heather002

heather002 Rookie

Jun 6, 2016

Thank you for your reply! I'm in Texas!

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Jun 6, 2016

Chalk that question up to simple curiosity - I was getting ready to leave for work, and I don't usually see posts that beat me out of the door. I wish you well on your job hunt. Make sure that you have an excellent resume and cover letter. If you created your own resume and you aren't sure about it, start another thread and post it there. We have some excellent people who can help you tweak it, or confirm that it is wonderful. Same deal with your cover letter. These paper documents are the first things that every job will see and act on. Good luck, you early bird! ;)

6. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jun 6, 2016

Don't email about the same position twice. Yes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, but annoying folks never get an interview!

One thing I've noticed is that districts are not good about taking down filled positions from their websites so even if it is still posted, it may not still be open.