Is it too early?????

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by green78, Feb 11, 2010.

1. green78

green78 Companion

Feb 11, 2010

Is it too early to be applying for jobs for 2010/2011 school year? When is the best time to send out applications?

3. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Feb 11, 2010

I just started yesterday! :) Most jobs will be posted between March-June (at least here). Go ahead and start sending in applications now before any postings though! You can always just send a reminder letter stating your still interested in the job when (and IF) it gets posted. Better for them to have your application on hand than not to!:)

Good luck!

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 11, 2010

Around her, I would wait a month.

5. Toak

Toak Cohort

Feb 14, 2010

Depends on where you are applying. I was hired for 2010-2011 the first week of December, but I know some schools don't even start looking until May or June

6. FCLaura

FCLaura Rookie

Feb 20, 2010

In WA only a few positions open up in Spring, and then it's usually May or June. Districts around here have been doing very late hiring the last few years. I've had several friends who got hired in October, especially for kindergarten jobs. The reason for this is because schools don't like to hire too many teachers until they know their enrollement. It can be tough to predict that, especially for kindergarten.

7. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Feb 20, 2010

Oh no! One of the districts I want just had an invite only job fair on the 18th! I spoke to HR and they said they may have another but NOT until April. Since I am relocating, this is making me very nervous.
    I missed the 18th because I would have never thought to look so early, but with times as they are I guess they want people lined up just in case.

Best of luck!