Is Dissertation Writing services legal or not?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Alisa5712, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Alisa5712

Alisa5712 Guest

Apr 27, 2016

I am a finance student and my teacher assigned me Finance Dissertation assignment, I have to submit it before 29-may-2016 and I have no idea should I take Finance Dissertation writing services or not? On another forum, somebody suggested me is there Anybody who have availed writing services from DissertationBoss and also tell me about is it legal or illegal?

Tamika likes this.
  3. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Apr 27, 2016

Is it legal to submit the work that somebody else did and call it your own? No. No, it is not.

Backroads, Linguist92021 and a2z like this.
  4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 27, 2016

You even have to ask? If I were you, I would delete this post before someone links it to you.

teacherintexas, Linguist92021 and a2z like this.
  5. mckbearcat48

mckbearcat48 Cohort

Apr 27, 2016

I don't think many teachers or schools would be happy to find out that someone went this route.

Linguist92021 and a2z like this.
  6. tchr4vr

tchr4vr Companion

Apr 27, 2016

If you don't write it, and you pass, you should give your degree to the person who wrote it.

Linguist92021 and a2z like this.
  7. Luv2TeachInTX

Luv2TeachInTX Comrade

Apr 27, 2016

Illegal? No. Plagiarism? Most definitely. You can get dismissed from your program for submitting a plagiarized dissertation. I wouldn't recommend doing it.

8. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Apr 27, 2016

[​IMG]

PallasAthena likes this.
  9. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Apr 27, 2016

What the ....?

MrsC likes this.
  10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 30, 2016

Doesnt the finance profession have enough of a negative reputation in the public's minds? Wowza.
    ETA: just read the OP's profile page. She is or will soon be a student teacher. This doesn't speak well of your character, Alisa. Would you tolerate cheating from your future students? :eek:

11. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Apr 30, 2016

"If you are seeking help for the writing, proof reading, editing or even rewriting the same paper then DissertationBoss.com will be the right choice for you." http://www.dissertationboss.com/about/

IF you needed help proof reading or editing, this would be legitimate. However, DissertationBoss.com crosses the line between what schools consider ethical and unethical the minute it added that it would "write" the paper. I am guessing the "rewrite" could even be someone else's paper that you want to pass off as your own. I strongly suggest you seek the student honesty section of your school's policies - I am certain that you will find that submitting someone else's work as your own is probably grounds for expulsion.

All of that said, as a teacher, I can tell you that I would be very upset if someone submitted a paper written by someone else, and justified it by saying "I paid for it, therefore it is mine."

I am also guessing that you have made up your own mind about what course of action you will take. On this forum, as in life, we would like to think that you would spend the time learning this writing style, because learning is what school is all about. I can tell you that if you take this path and rationalize not doing your own work now is OK because you would never do this in "real life", well, school is real life and someone will know that you have cheated, even if, for now, that person is only you. You may seem to get away with it now, but you never know when something like this will come back to haunt you.

Honestly, my post is more for the many people who use these threads for guidance, even if they never leave a post, ask a question, or comment. For those who use this forum as a type of resource, helping them to find their way in the world, know that wrong is exactly that - wrong. LEARN to write the dissertation or the term paper, the lesson plans, etc. - the list is somewhat daunting. We go to school to learn these things, and some of us will not learn as well as others, but knowing where we are weak allows us to spend the time to become a better writer, a skilled editor, a person who lives an honest life and knows that sometimes our best isn't as good as we would like, but the effort was 100% our own.

Some version of the following is almost certainly written and upheld by any university:

The pledge to uphold the Academic Code of Honor includes an understanding that a student’s submitted work, graded or ungraded -- examinations, draft copies, papers, homework assignments, extra credit work, etc. -- must be his or her own. The following serves as a guide for helping students think about what faculty expect:

1. All work submitted for a course is accepted as a student’s own work, unless otherwise understood and approved by the instructor.
    2. Students may not, without proper citation, submit work that has been copied, wholly or partially, from another student’s paper, notebook, or exam. Nor may students without proper citation submit work which has been copied, wholly or partially, from a book, article, essay, newspaper, the Internet or any other written or printed or media source whether or not the material in question is copyrighted.
    3. Written work that paraphrases any written or printed media material without acknowledgment may not be submitted for a course. Ideas from books and essays may be incorporated in students’ work as starting points, governing issues, illustrations, and the like, but in each case the source must be cited.
    4. Any on-line materials students use to gather information for a paper are also governed by rules about plagiarism, so students need to cite electronic sources as well as printed and other sources.
    5. A student may not turn in the same work for two or more different courses he or she is taking in an academic term unless each professor involved has authorized students to do so in advance.
    6. Students may not submit for one course any work that has been used to fulfill the requirements of another course previously taken at this or any other school without obtaining permission of the current professor in advance.
    7. Students must be aware that honor code violations are not limited to the actions prohibited in the guidelines above. Any kind of dishonesty related to academics is a violation. My thanks to Notre Dame University for writing this code so well.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    3Sons and Backroads like this.
  12. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 30, 2016

The original poster has not made any further inquiries or posts, I'm guessing we've answered the question THOROUGHLY.

13. Dec 22, 2017

Yes it is a legel that you submit your work

14. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 22, 2017

:rolleyes:

Secondary Teach likes this.
  15. 3Sons

3Sons Connoisseur

Dec 28, 2017

It's legal for the most part, technically. Unless the school makes you sign a contract, and then it could potentially be fraud (do they? The answer is either definitely yes if they make it explicit, or possibly/probably yes if they rely on statements which are not formally contracts). Or if your state had a specific law regarding it.

Look at it this way -- if you used one and they found out you did and booted you out, do you think you could successfully sue them? The answer is maybe, depending what you actually used them for and how much influence there was in the final product.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  16. 3Sons

3Sons Connoisseur

Dec 28, 2017

Terrific post, Vicki. A lot of the legality of it would turn on whether that code could be considered a contract (definitely possible).

I know most of you are just thinking about the ethics of it, but it's a fairly interesting legal question as well.