Is anyone still on Career Ladder...for now?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Mrs. Mom, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Apr 13, 2010

Just wondering who is still receives Career Ladder funding for extra duties, and whose school is cutting it.

We are wondering if we put in all of these extra hours and won't receive a penny for it once summer rolls around and payments should be disbursed.

Just curious what other schools who still used it are doing with it now that the school year is at its end. Do you think you will still get paid for the hours you did this year?

3. deserttrumpet

deserttrumpet Comrade

Apr 15, 2010

We're still on career ladder -with rumors that it will disapear soon.

4. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Apr 15, 2010

I don't know what that means, it is stipend positions?

5. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Apr 18, 2010

We still have Career Ladder, but I hear it'll be gone soon. I hate the idea of doing all this additional work of putting a binder together and in the end, it'll all be for nothing.

6. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

Apr 19, 2010

We got word onFriday that the state Senate committee had changed thier minds and it was going to be added into the budget so we SHOULD get paid this year for the hours already worked.

My next question (since the Senate said it would not be funded during the 2010-11 school year) is what will I do about tutoring next year? Our district pays $10 an hour for tutoring with a max of 40 hours. $400 is not that much, and when you have to tutor several students for that $10, it sure averages out to peanuts. I think, if given an option, I will just not tutor. Sorry parents, but I think my own kids are worth more than that. They'd love for me to come home every afternoon after school instead of working with everyone else's kids.

7. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Apr 19, 2010

We just got an email today about huge cuts that our Career Ladder is taking. Basically, teacher's will lose an estimated $6,600 between this year and next year because of it.