Is anyone else overwhelmed?

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by KinderBelle, Aug 25, 2009.

1. KinderBelle

KinderBelle Rookie

Aug 25, 2009

I don't know if it's just me but I'm feeling so overwhelmed and I'm only on my 6th day of school. Our district has a new Chief Academic Officer and he's INSANE! We will be having random walkthroughs all year critiquing our classroom environment/ instruction. (I already had one yesterday..and we have another scheduled for later in week.) Our schedule is bell-to-bell instruction with only 10 minutes for recess 25 mins. for lunch and 30 mins. for Fine Arts. I feel like my kids developmentally aren't ready for everything that's being mandated. I'm trying to keep up with administrations expectations, but at the same time my kids are starting to fall apart! I was just curious what your schedules were like and where I could jazz it up for them. I just feel like we're pushing too hard! I already thought our expectations were high in K, when did 1st grade become 2nd?!?! :dizzy:

3. KinderBelle

KinderBelle Rookie

Aug 25, 2009

oops....I am way too overworked! I meant to post this in 1st grade...:|

4. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

Aug 25, 2009

finding a teacher who isn´t overwhelmed ... that would be a good reality show! I guess we are all feeling exactly the same,

I´m finishing my first month here (after winter holidays and sanitary emergency) and I feel everyday I am totally overwhelmed!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep on correcting and correcting and planning, and designing tasks, tests, filling in charts w grades, etc, etc, etc,

I would like to have "a little bit" of free time.

:lol: Perhaps we need to wait, WHO KNOWS...

5. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Aug 26, 2009

I decided last year I wasn't going to be overwhelmed and more. This is year 21 for me and it's going to be my best for me and my kids.

You are one person who can only do so much. Take lots of deep breaths, do the best you can every day, get plenty of rest when you're home, take lots of vitamins, eat healthily, get some exercise, and laugh a lot.

6. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

Aug 26, 2009

WISE WORDS!!!!!
    LOVE YOUR WAY OF THINKING!!!!!:) :)

7. KinderBelle

KinderBelle Rookie

Aug 26, 2009

HOOT OWL-- I LOVE YOUR ADVICE! I think as teachers we all want to do our very best. Sometimes we forget to breathe and remind ourselves of the other important things in our lives. Thanks!

8. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2009

And, I wanted to add, that after it's all said and done, you will be able to count the thank yous on one hand. Put your family and friends first. Work is important but should never become your entire life. Another word of wisdom...the better you are at your job, the more they'll put on you. I have sometimes pretended that my plate was ful and I couldn't possibley handle any more. IT WORKS!!! AND NO ONE IS MAD!! AND MY PRINCIPAL STILL THINKS I'M AWESOME!