Is Alliant University reputable? Does it matter for interviews?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by cready, Apr 7, 2021.

1. cready

cready New Member

Apr 7, 2021

I'm going into a credential program and thinking about whether to accept admission to Alliant University's credential + MAE program. The program is only 7 units on top of a credential to earn my master's, which sounds amazing and for only a few thousand dollars over the price of credential. However everything I see about Alliant has them ranked pretty terribly against other national online universities and brick and mortar schools in general. I need to do an online program for my current work and personal life. I'm wondering if the school you get your credential/masters from really matters when it comes to getting hired or if it's more how you market yourself and your experiences. Will I not get a job because someone else got their credential from somewhere like Cal Poly or Stanford? Is Alliant really not a good school?

Thank you,
    Claire

3. whizkid

whizkid Groupie

Apr 7, 2021

It is regionally accredited which is the first thing to look for with any school. Whether or not it is a good school, I guess ymmv.

4. cready

cready New Member

Apr 8, 2021

That's kind of what I think, it's the credential issued by the ctc and the fact that I have a masters that should matter.

5. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Apr 9, 2021

Keep in mind, a masters with no teaching experience is not always looked upon favorably by administrators. If you aren't currently teaching, you could price yourself out of a job.