Iri

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by erinkate, Oct 29, 2002.

1. erinkate

erinkate Rookie

Oct 29, 2002

help with an IRI

Hello. I am currently a graduate student. For one of my classes, I have to complete an IRI.My professor has been veryunhelpful in givign us tips or a framework to complete this assignment. I have read the manual, but still am unsure of how to actually go about completing this test. Any suggestions on techniques or methods for adminstering this test. Thanks:confused:Hello. I am currently a graduate student. For one of my classes, I have to complete an IRI.My professor has been veryunhelpful in givign us tips or a framework to complete this assignment. I have read the manual, but still am unsure of how to actually go about completing this test. Any suggestions on techniques or methods for adminstering this test. Thanks:confused:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2002
  3. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Oct 29, 2002

reading inventory

sooooo easy to give. the child will read a list of words you show them. you have your own copy and will mark errors as child says. The story the child will read is also marked for errors in word recognition and pronunciation. You will ask comprehension questions and the child's responses are written down. good luck.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Oct 31, 2002

Would you be willing to share a copy of your IRI?

5. erinkate

erinkate Rookie

Oct 31, 2002

Yes, as soon as I get it done. I am going to visit my student tommorow night

6. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Oct 31, 2002

text

The back of our reading series has the IRI in the teacher manual. Ruth

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Nov 3, 2002

What reading series do you use? I would like to see a copy of the IRI. Thank you.

8. erinkate

erinkate Rookie

Nov 3, 2002

I am not actually a teacher. This is a class project so I will be using the Burns and Roe manual. I did part of the assessment this past Fri and things are ok. I think I have it under control. Momauruthie was right when she said all i have to do is read the direction and follow the manual. Now, scoring it might be a bit more difficlut, but I will cross that bridge when I get to it. thanks for your help and encouragement

9. erinkate

erinkate Rookie

Nov 9, 2002

Guess what ! I finished my IRI project today. It turned out not too be to hard. We will see what happens:)