IRA conferences

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by teach2read10, Aug 22, 2010.

1. teach2read10

teach2read10 Companion

Aug 22, 2010

I'm probably going to our state IRA conference this year if I can get a sub. I was just wondering how many of you all attend IRA conferences? What's your favorite part? Do you bother with the vendors or just attend presentations?

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2010

I love my IRA conference. Many of my co-workers actually present at ours and its a wonderful time for everyone. I love all the presentations, so many great ideas. I do spend some time checking out the vendors (they give away lots of freebies)!

4. teach1st

teach1st Comrade

Aug 22, 2010

I have been to many IRA conferences. They are normally full of valuable information. I am not sure if yours are set up as ours. But, I was able to choose from various workshops to attend throughout the day that would benefit my needs.

As far as the Vendors, GO SEE THEM! You can get great ideas and awesome FREE stuff!

5. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Aug 22, 2010

The Illinois Reading Council Conference is amazing. In some ways it was better than the IRA National conference I attended in Chicago this past spring. Definitely visit the vendors. They sometimes have great free stuff to give away (although not as much the past couple of years).

I've submitted two proposals to present at this year's conference.