iPods in First Grade

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by Teachingtots, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Teachingtots

Teachingtots Rookie

Mar 9, 2013

Hi everyone! I was hoping to get some suggestions about using iPods in my first grade classroom. My school just purchased 6 iPods for each first grade classroom to use. The intention is for students to be able to use them as individual listening centers and also to record themselves reading to practice fluency. I am planning to get some math apps so they can also practice their fact fluency and other math skills, as well.

I am hoping to use them in other ways too, but I don't have many ideas. Has anyone used iPods in their classroom? What did you have your students use them for? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

3. NeoTeacher

NeoTeacher Rookie

Jun 1, 2013

I did a field practicum in a 1st grade class that had ipods and ipads for the students to use. The teacher had math apps and spelling apps on her ipods that the kids used. In another practicum the teacher only had 1 and used it as her listening center during reading. I wish my current school had them but heck, we don't even have Macs and just got Smart Boards.

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 1, 2013

Will students be using their own headphones or earbuds? (I hope not earbuds because I feel like earbuds would be so bad for little ears and hearing.)