iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by MuggleBug, Oct 12, 2009.

1. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Oct 12, 2009

Does anybody have an iPod touch? I'm thinking of getting one for my husband for his birthday/Christmas (he's a December baby). I'm debating whether it is worth it or not. He has an older version iPod right now that he uses pretty much every day at the gym. I'd love nothing more than to just buy him the iPhone but we don't want the added cost on our phone bill right now.

Any opinions - pros/cons to the iPod touch?

3. irx7fani

irx7fani Rookie

Oct 12, 2009

Hmm if he uses at the GYM then I don't recommend the ipod touch because the screen is so big it might crack it while exercising.

4. cityfrog6

cityfrog6 Comrade

Oct 12, 2009

I have one and love it! I use it at the cardio machines at the gym pretty regularly.

5. MissMaurie

MissMaurie Companion

Oct 13, 2009

I LOVE MINE! It is just like an iPhone without the phone. You can get wifi and all the apps you want on it. It really is worth the money in my opinion. I exercise with mine regularly and have not had any issues.

6. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Oct 13, 2009

Just get a sports case for it and it will be fine. The only real issue I can see is touching it with sweaty hands. There are no external controls, but you can set it up and then lock it just like any other ipod. You can also download fitness related apps to put on.

Before I got my iphone, my ipod touch was my favorite possession. They are great!

7. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Oct 13, 2009

I have one too and I regularly work out with it. I love mine, but I need to get a bigger one. My tends to freeze sometimes if I change the song a few too many times. I got mine for free with my laptop though, so it has been well worth it!

8. Kase

Kase Companion

Oct 14, 2009

My boyfriend has one and he absolutely loves his as well. There are so many awesome applications he has found. He even added a remote for his computer when he's playing music. So if he's in a different room he just gets out his Ipod and turns the music up or down.

9. 3Sons

3Sons Connoisseur

Oct 14, 2009

*sigh*

Now I want one. DW will never buy it for me, so I'll be saving a few dollars at a time until I can get it.

10. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Oct 14, 2009

I love my itouch!!!!! :D

11. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Oct 14, 2009

Awesome, thanks for the input! I think my hubby would really like it (seeing as how I can't buy him the $2000 surround sound system he really wants!)