iPod Touch/iPhone Apps for Educators?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by S Dubb, Mar 27, 2010.

1. S Dubb

S Dubb Comrade

Mar 27, 2010

I just got an iPod Touch yesterday and I'm discovering all the apps out there. I was just wondering if there are any particularly good (and free) apps that are beneficial for teachers.

3. busybeeZ

busybeeZ Rookie

Mar 27, 2010

Anyone? I'd love to know too!

4. Deeena

Deeena Cohort

Mar 27, 2010

I found a grade book app (I don't use it because my school has a different grading system). There is also a cool one where you can enter your students' names and it will randomly select someone for you to call on. I use the timer frequently. I put it under my projector so the students can see how much time they have left to complete an assignment.

5. wrice

wrice Habitué

Mar 27, 2010

not necessarily educator specific, but definitely need "To Do" list from Yadahome- rank to do's low, medium, high priority; has a grocery list and calendar

"Box.net" ap is cool, lets you keep Word, Excel, and Acrobat documents on your iPod; not the easiest to use but sometimes needed.

"Cool Facts" is funny, thousands of trivia facts that pop up, shake iPod to get a new fact. Put them on the board each morning for a quirky interest item.

"GFlash" makes testing flashcards, though I personally wouldn't ever give my iPod to a student, but if the kids have their own...

And just personally, I like the NYTimes ap, WootWatch sales items, White House ap, and as a science nerd- NASA ap and Planets by Q continuum

Enjoy your iPod, buy a nice cover to keep it from being scratched and back it up frequently!!

6. bros

bros Phenom

Mar 28, 2010

I like the IEP checklist app

7. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Mar 28, 2010

Is that the name of the app?

8. bros

bros Phenom

Mar 29, 2010