Ipod or Ipad......

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by yarnwoman, Feb 27, 2011.

1. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Feb 27, 2011

Which would you get and why? I wanted an ipod so I could play music, apps etc. then yesterday at Best Buy discovered the Ipad. The Ipad looks like it would be more functional but the Ipod is smaller.

Looking to gain info so I can make an informed decision

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 27, 2011

I personally don't have either, but I'd get an iPad for sure! I like music, but only really listen to it in my car or on my computer occasionally. The iPad's more like having a whole laptop & you can do a WHOLE lot more w/ it from what is seems.

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Feb 27, 2011

What will you be using it for most of the time? If just music, get the iPod. It's much easier to carry around with you and put into your pocket. If you're planning on doing a lot of web surfing and whatnot and are looking for functionality, get the iPad.

I personally have no use for an iPad but I use my iPod regularly. Lots of users here love their iPads, though, so they must be at least sort of useful to the right person. :)

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 27, 2011

I love love love my iPad.:love::love::love:

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Feb 27, 2011

I just bought an iPod. I wanted something easy to toss in my purse and carry with me.

7. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Feb 27, 2011

The new iPad will probably be announced March 2nd. Look at the specs and see if it something you'll use. Can't wait to get mine.

8. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Feb 28, 2011

I love my iPad & use it all the time. I've saved critical data for analysis of student performance, lesson plans, references for lessons,etc. It's drastically cut down on getting boggled down on paperwork & maintaining some organization. I also have downloaded lots of free apps--- one being BrainPop. If the movie of the day is relevant, I play it for the kids. I also let the kids use it for math, dictionary source & reading. The sky is the limit for all the purposes & uses. I love love my iPad!!

9. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

Mar 2, 2011

I think I'd get an iPod. I already have a laptop for full functionality and the iPad doesn't have full computer features anyway so it wouldn't be a replacement. Hence I'd choose the pocket-size advantage of the iPod for a new toy. Cheaper too.

10. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Mar 2, 2011

I use my iPad all the time in the classroom. It's perfect for small groups, taking notes, and pulling up information needed quickly. However, for my personal use I like the iPod. It's smaller and easier to grab and go with. If you are buying mainly for music and fun apps, I'd go with the iPod. Much cheaper too.