Ipad in the Classroom

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by AZMrs.S, Jul 15, 2013.

1. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jul 15, 2013

So I'm going to be getting an ipad for my classroom this year! I'm excited to have it, but am still figuring out all that I can do with it.

What are your must-have apps for the classroom? How do you use your ipad with your students?

3. OneBerry

OneBerry Comrade

Jul 16, 2013

Two to check out are Studyblue and Quizlet. I'm no expert, so I'll be keeping my eye on this thread for more ideas!

4. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 16, 2013

Going to a PD class this morning about just that! I'll post this evening!

5. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jul 16, 2013

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing about it pwhatley!

6. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 16, 2013

The class was, as usual, fantastic (we have a super Teacher Technology department - I just wish more teachers would take
    advantage of it!).

I love Edmodo, and there is a free app for that.
    Do you have a SmartBoard or Promethean board? There are apps that go with those - some freebies, even!

I'm sorry, I'm drawing a blank - and I left my notebook in my car! I'll try to post more detailed stuff tomorrow - I haven't been sleeping well, and my brain is fuzzy!

7. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 16, 2013

8. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Jul 16, 2013

Haiku Deck for simple and great visual presentations. Stick pick for student participation and question starters for different learning levels. Videolicious, think link and Ive posted others previously in other threads with this particular topic. You'll have to do a global search on this topic.

9. OneBerry

OneBerry Comrade

Jul 17, 2013

I'm compiling a list of apps I need to check out, now... only wish I had the iPad now to take a look!

10. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jul 17, 2013

I just finished a class, and the two that I found most fun/interesting were iMovie and Explain Everything.

11. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jul 17, 2013

Thanks for the great ideas so far. I don't have a smart board, but we have cables to hook it up to our tv. What are some ways that you use the iPads. I know you have all the apps, but how do you incorporate them into your daily activities?

12. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Jul 17, 2013

They can use it for explaining or creating presentations on concepts learned. They can create e-books of their learning. There are also apps that have come in handy for science such as compass and science 360.

The dictionary apps come in handy since we have limited dictionaries that are very basic. Groovy grader helps me with grading papers.

These are just barely a few ways I've used it in the classroom. There are much more ways out there for effective ways to use in the classroom.