ipad apps?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by KLSSwimmer, Apr 3, 2012.

1. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Apr 3, 2012

We have six iPads we share among the kindergarten, first, and second grade teachers at my school. I have been looking at some apps to purchase/get for free. I've gotten a lot of free ones, but before I purchase the apps below, I wanted to know if anyone could recommend/give comments on them. Also, are there any I should get that I don't have? I need the apps to work with my kindergarten students.

Thanks!

Park Math HD
    Finger Count
    Teach Me: Kindergarten
    Hairy Letters
    ABC Pocket Phonics
    Super Why! for iPad

3. punchinello

punchinello Comrade

Apr 4, 2012

:dizzy: OMGoodness. I have been spending the last couple of days downloading and organizing apps. for my school. We are a small, private pre-k and k.

Ok. Here's what I've learned. Most of the free apps are a pain. They only give you part of the activity and then have lots of ads, which the kids will inevitably click on and then cry, "Something happened!"
    Not worth it.

Everyday Math has a few. Monster Squeeze is fun and they can play with a partner.

Reader Rabbit Preschool they love and it's easy enough for them to navigate without you. Fun addition game on there and one for CVC words.

Winner of the Academy Award this year (Animated Short Film)
    "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore" - it's an app too! Beautiful and very interactive.

Feed Me,
    Park Math,
    Lakeshore Learning has a Letter of the Day app that matches their pocket chart activity.

Bugs and Buttons is gorgeous. Jumpstart has a Preschool and K, just like the computer games.

If you do anything with the Pigeon, you have to check out Mo Willems "Don't Let the Pigeon Run This App!" The kids learn how to draw the pigeon and can record their own pigeon story. Really fun.

Have fun! :)

4. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Apr 4, 2012

Scholastic has an app and they give you five free books for downloading it. It is easy to use and my daughter loves it.