iOS app to assist the educational processes

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Alexey Moiseyev, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Alexey Moiseyev

Alexey Moiseyev New Member

Nov 5, 2019

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for iOS app, that can assist children (2-3 y.o.) to train logic and letters. Will be happy to hear your advises.

3. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Nov 5, 2019

How do you "train" logic? Especially at 2-3 years old? What does "logic" look like for a 2 year old? And 2-3 really is a bit young for screen time.

Developmentally, they aren't really ready to learn their letters, though playing around with letters is fine. But I'd avoid anything that increases a 2 year olds screen time. Developmentally, the need to be playing, exploring their world, manipulating objects.

bella84 and Backroads like this.
  4. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Nov 5, 2019

Lest I bring up the horror story from a few years ago of a kid who needed occupation therapy for his hands... ostensibly, as far as anyone could gather, because he had been raised on screen time.

5. Alexey Moiseyev

Alexey Moiseyev New Member

Nov 8, 2019

20-30 minutes of screen time usually makes no dramatical effects to children health. Once more screens are very very good to eyes, and even for brains with photosensitivity-related epilepsia, why not to leverage the tool for compiling puzzles with letters and digits, animals and plants?
    Of course, those 20-30 minutes with specific puzzles should be influencing enough and new for each time, the child runs the app.

6. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Nov 8, 2019

What evidence is there to support this app over other learning?

7. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Nov 8, 2019

Could you please site the research on this? I have not seen ANYTHING that states that 20-30 minutes of screen time is appropriate for a 2 year old. I have seen quite the opposite in the research, so if there is some new study out there I'm not aware of, please let me know where so I can read it.

swansong1 and Backroads like this.
  8. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Nov 8, 2019

I would prefer no screen time for children until they are well into elementary school. Just my opinion...and I'm very old school.

RainStorm likes this.