Introducing...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Jem, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Nov 13, 2013

...LuLu, my new rolling cart!

Some people name their cars, but I'm naming my new cart. :haha:

I was going to get a basic plastic box from Amazon, but then thought that maybe with a 40% off coupon I could get a scrapbooker's organizer for a similar price. Although a bit more expensive, this baby has pockets and flaps and pen holders galore. I can't wait to stuff her full of post-its, grading pens, glue sticks, scissors, etc.

And the inside has an adjustable divider, so I can put papers to grade on one side and planning books/file folders on the other. I have to walk a block or two to get to the school from any parking spot I find in the morning, and right now it's usually me juggling stacks of papers with a laptop and iPad perched dangerously on top. Now I will be strolling in style! ;)

Anyone else have a fancy cart? What have you put in it? I'm like a little kid with a new trapper keeper! :p

[​IMG]

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Nov 14, 2013

Love it! I just have my work computer bag. I should find wheels for it.

4. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 14, 2013

It's the little things that make life that much more enjoyable! I am fully in support of spending money on things that make my job easier. Or at least more fun!

5. teacherguy111

teacherguy111 Cohort

Nov 14, 2013

I like that idea. I probably don't need one as almost all my lesson stuff is on my laptop. And I teach older grades. SOmetimes it would be useful though.

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 14, 2013

I like the color! I just use a regular computer rolling cart that I keep in the car & lug to/from my room.

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 14, 2013

With judicious handling, the folding aluminum handcarts that Costco sells for about $20 will take three under-bed boxes stuffed with books and papers plus a rolling computer bag on top, and the wheels are big enough and durable enough to be able to be dragged up and down curbs.

8. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Nov 14, 2013

That would be the one downside to this one, TeacherGroupie-not sure how durable it is. I'm a bit rough on my stuff, and while trying to bounce it up the stairs this morning it occured to me I should probably start taking the ramp to prolong Lulu's likespan.

9. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 14, 2013

Trust me that you'll still get a good workout on the ramp.

10. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Nov 14, 2013

I just got a rolling lab cart from Costco. They're so cheap, but large enough to carry all of the materials I need when I need to move somewhere for a lab. My lessons are so much more mobile now.

Need to move some laptops and colored pencil kits to the computer room for a computer lesson? No sweat.

Need to move milk, ice, and other materials outside for making ice cream. Simple!

I can avoid making huge messes in my classroom now if I do certain labs outdoors.

11. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Nov 14, 2013

Awesome, Peregrin!!

I just filled Lulu with supplies today-I feel I could take Henry to the park and be able to work on almost any project I needed to! Huzzah! ;)

12. Rbart

Rbart Companion

Nov 16, 2013

I love it! I think lulu would be perfect for my needs! Did you buy it on amazon or a local store? Right now I am using a rigged up baby bag and a airport roller that I strap together! It is always falling and has become a total pain to get in and out of the car. I would love one of these! Can you post the brand or pm me.

13. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 16, 2013

Jem, she looks fabulous!

14. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Nov 16, 2013

I started using rolling carts at my school because the campus is so big and I bring too much stuff home. I got mine from either Office Max or Office Depot for around $20-$25. I've had about 5 of them (in less than 2.5 years) because I keep breaking them. So make sure you don't put too much into it and be really careful pulling it up and down curbs!

15. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 16, 2013

Super organized! With all your supplies packed in it, Lulu's a rolling office! :love: it!

16. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Nov 16, 2013

I have a (cheap) rolling laptop cart that I actually need to replace - got it at Walmart for about $40 a couple of years ago, and it will hold 2 laptops or a laptop and lots of papers.

In addition, I have a folding "dolly" that I got for free from Office Depot (when I bought a couple of cases of paper), and it will easily carry two loaded plastic "file" totes, plus a bag or two on top, when needed.

I am in the market for another rolling laptop bag.... the concrete is SO hard on the wheels.

17. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Nov 16, 2013

Link?!

18. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2013

Love!

I use a crate-rolling cart when I have to lug a lot of heavy things. It is not stylish or awesomely organizational like your Lulu.

19. Loves the beach

Loves the beach Companion

Nov 23, 2013

What a great idea! Mine is very basic so papers slide down and fold, so I think the dividers would come in handy.

20. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Nov 24, 2013

That´s a really great idea! Love it. :)