Interviews

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by usfmeghi, Jun 18, 2007.

1. usfmeghi

usfmeghi Companion

Jun 18, 2007

I got really frustrated with my lack of interviews in CA. I have one tomorrow that was arranged about 3 weeks ago... Supposed to be an hour long. Any advioce for primary grades? I'm assuming to really focus on the literacy?

Anyways, I finally decided I may need to relocate. CA and OR were not looking to likely so I have started to apply ibn AZ. (and actuially my cred is stuill being processed sao have been unable to apply for cert thus far)

I have been getting emails and calls for interviews since Friday (when I first posted my application on the job board) Also, realize I have very little elementary exper. My student teaching was in a middle school.

So things are looking up. I will miss CA if I choose to move, but AZ would be a nice place to move to. At least COL is cheaper too.

I had an interview today and another one tom morning. (and a short convo/pre screening this morninbg)

So hang in there everyone. Sometimes, you have to keep trying on look into where the jobs are. I know that's not possible for ecvveryone.. Just keep on trying. It is early yet. Remeber schools hire throughout the summer.

3. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Jun 19, 2007

That was probably very smart of you to look into relocating. If you end up hating AZ, you could always move back to Cal. in a few years after you've gained experience and hopefully the market will be a lot better by then!

4. usfmeghi

usfmeghi Companion

Jun 19, 2007

That's what I figured!

It is ironic though. I have two potential offers in AZ

I had a very good interview today in CA and got called for another interview Thursday... and here I was getting hopeless...

5. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jun 19, 2007

Sounds like things are really going your way! That's great :)

6. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Jun 20, 2007

Sometimes when you start looking elsewhere, it takes your focus (and stress and anxiety) off of what you REALLY want and that way things start falling into place. It's strange but I've had that happen to me!