Interviews went well....now board approval?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by JXG, Aug 4, 2015.

1. JXG

JXG Rookie

Aug 4, 2015

Hey everyone! Disclaimer: I'm sorry that this post is long!!

So about a month ago, I was interviewed for one of two middle school science positions at a particular district. The first interview went well and when I got home, the principal called me at home to invite me to do a demo lesson for him and the STEM supervisor. He asked me to have it ready by the next morning!! I rose to the occasion and did the lesson that morning. Afterwards, all three of us talked about it and the principal expressed that he would get back to me by the end of the following week.

I send him and the supervisor a thank you email about a week later. It must've worked because that same day, I got a call from the principal stating that I was THE NUMBER ONE CHOICE for the 6th grade science position!!! He was getting the paperwork ready when I spoke with him. He said that he would send the packet to the superintendent and I would hear from them by the end of the following week.

The following week is here and I get a call from the superintendent's office and the secretary wanted me to archive my fingerprints. She said that once that was approved, that I would be on the agenda for the board meeting that will happen next week. I don't know how much more waiting I could take! lol.

I read a bunch of forums saying that board meetings are usually a formality and basically that person has the job. Can I truly say that I got the job? I don't want to start celebrating if it's premature. I want to be able to at least have some sort of relief that I am 80% sure that I got the job. This has been a long time coming for me and it would be the greatest thing to ever happen to me.

3. jadorelafrance

jadorelafrance Cohort

Aug 4, 2015

Board approval is a formality. I have never met anyone who was NOT approved during a board meeting. I was approved prior to fingerprinting and background check due to the timing of the offer (I was offered the job and a few days later was the meeting, so they put me on the agenda pending bg check and medical clearance). of course it always feels better when it's "official." You don't get your contract until board approval. But I don't think it's too soon to start celebrating. Congrats!

4. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Groupie

Aug 4, 2015

From my experience, I would say you got the job!! Yay!

5. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Aug 4, 2015

Yup! You got the job! Once they approve you at the next board meeting, you will be contacted for your official paperwork! Congrats! You deserve it!

6. JXG

JXG Rookie

Aug 5, 2015

Thank you so much for answering!! I still have some time until the board meeting (couldn't get here sooner! Lol). I'm so ecstatic and don't even know how to deal! Haha