Interviewing Tips for a Newbie

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by MusicMaker, Jul 17, 2006.

1. MusicMaker

MusicMaker Rookie

Jul 17, 2006

So, I'm a newbie to the teaching world. I've worked with kids for years, but never as a public school teacher. I'm 25 and recently graduated with a masters in elementary education (PK-6).

My first interviews are on Wed and Thurs. I think they are both for kindergarten positions, but I am willing to teach other grades.

I could use some help on interviewing tips. I'm kinda nervous, so I want to be prepared. I'd like to have an inside edge because I'm fresh out of school. Other people that are interviewng for the same positions may have been teaching longer.

I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks! :angel:

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2006

Have you checked the job seekers forum? Lots of good advice/interviewing stuff there. In the meantime be excited!! Lots of applicants DID NOT get the interview- they see something in you that they want. Go in with a positve, professional and enthusiastic attitude. Have confidence inyour education and what you hae done so far. Show a deisre to work with other teachers, learn from each other and a passion for teaching kids. Smile!! You'll be great!:)

4. bawbmc

bawbmc New Member

Jul 17, 2006

I got hired on my first interview. It was for kinder and I was so nervous. My advice to you would be to refer back to the positive experiences that you've had with children. When they would ask me a question that I didn't have a clear answer for I would always refer back to my previous experience. Good Luck!