Interviewing Questions (from an almost second year teacher)?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by bewlove, Apr 19, 2015.

1. bewlove

bewlove Companion

Apr 19, 2015

Hey, friends! I hope you are all doing well! I have an interview Thursday. Next year will only be my second year teaching, and I love current position, but I drive an hour and am looking for something closer.

Anyway, when I interviewed last year, I had my "portfolio". This contained lessons, letters of recommendations from teachers and mentors, transcripts, etc.

Now that I have a little bit of teaching experience, I am wanting to change things up a bit. I always feel like principals aren't going to have time to flip through a 200-page portfolio and look at everything. I was thinking of just including the following things in a black binder. I wanted your opinion. They wouldn't necessarily go in this order.

-Resume and cover letter (in front pocket)
    -Observation scores from the year
    -A sample of the different student data that I use to plan instruction (with name whited out)
    -Letters of recommendation
    -Two sample lesson plans from this past year
    -My typed teaching philosophy
    -An example of an assessment I would make using my standard based grading assessment format and an explanation of my converted grading scale that is aligned with state testing
    -A list of my volunteer/leadership experience with my current school (I was thinking a one page list)

Now, I didn't go through the interview process a whole lot last summer, so I'm not sure if this sounds like enough (or maybe too much)? Any advice of things to add or remove?

3. Rhesus

Rhesus Comrade

Apr 19, 2015

That sounds about right. I wouldn't include more than that.

You might repost down in the job seeker subforum; you'll get more traffic down there.