I have been looking for a teaching position for a long time. Teachers go back to school in 2 weeks. So, far I have had one interview and correspondence with a principal regarding a possible interview if he lines up all of his coaching positions. My family has been dealing with issues on 2 fronts - Dad just had knee replacement surgery and sister has gone through 6 chemo treatments. We were pretty sure my dad would be up and walking well by now, but the past week has seen major setbacks. My sister will be scheduling major surgery that should take place ASAP. My parents live 30 minutes from me, and I have been helping them almost on a daily basis. My dad had hoped to be able to get around before my sister had to go through this. Anyway, I'm trying to decide if I should continute to look, should I take my name off of the positions I've applied for, or just wait and see. I would like to be there for my sister when she has surgery, but it looks like it will be around the first of the school year. So, if by some miracle I am offered a job, I will be thick in the middle of starting a new job, start of school, in addition to all of this other stuff. The kicker is, I really need a job that supports me and my son, if the need arises. If I am granted an interview, should I mention any of this? Will it be too soon to take off to be with my sister if she needs me? Thanks for your advice.