Interviewed and still nothing! Any advice please!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by LG11, Jul 28, 2014.

1. LG11

LG11 Rookie

Jul 28, 2014

Hi Everyone..

I interviewed for a job that I am really interested in on Friday, July 11th. I think it went really well and the principal even spent extra time chit chatting about herself and her upcoming vacation. She told me that she would be away for the following week, and I should hear back this current week. She said she would pick 2-3 finalists to meet with the superintendent.

Well I haven't heard anything at all this week. I called the school Tuesday to check the status, but the secretary said the principal was out.

Should I pretty much just assume that I'm not a finalist? I feel like if I was, I would have heard something by now. Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated!! :)

3. frogger

frogger Devotee

Jul 28, 2014

Send out an email inquiring about it and keep looking elsewhere. Unfortunately a lot of interviewers do not keep their word about getting back with you after an interview. Good Luck!

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 28, 2014

Unfortunately, with job seeking no news is usually bad news. I agree with frogger- send an email, but keep looking.

5. LisaLisa

LisaLisa Companion

Aug 3, 2014

I've heard from less than 5% of those jobs I interviewed for, They say they'll call but it doesn't happen unless they want to hire you. You may get a letter in about two months thanking you for your interest.
    It's a rude practice but unfortunately the human factor does not always play into hiring.
    Good luck and keep at it.

6. kaeco510

kaeco510 Companion

Aug 3, 2014

I've found that the longer they take to get in touch with you after an interview, the less likely it is that you were hired :( Keep sending out resumes and you will find something!