Interview with Teach California Charters

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by Cateacher2b, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Cateacher2b

Cateacher2b Companion

Feb 20, 2007

I just received an email that I have been chosen to have an interview on Saturday with Teach California Charters. They are supposed to email me with the info I need to bring with me but I am hoing that someone can help with a few question:
    Has/Does anyone work for an inner-city charter school and, if so, what has the experience been like?
    I currently work for a private school but not in the position I want---and I just found out that I probably wont get any of those positions (3 openings next year) either. Let's say that the school would rather hire a new teacher rather than transfer an existing teacher to a new position. So you can see why I am looking elsewher. So anyone have experience in inner-city charter schools?
    Thanks!1

3. teresaglass

teresaglass Groupie

Feb 24, 2007

I subbed in one charter school and they went through a lot of teachers. You may have to put in longer hours. At the KIPP schools they will give you a cell phone so students can call you with homework questions until 10:00 pm or 24/7. You will not have tenure as they are an at will employer. Check out some of the threads on charter schools. That being said try to check them out. Some may be pretty good but you have to be careful. I am also working on my application for California Charters too but I am planning not to go for KIPP. Terry G.