Interview with Principal

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by gkis, Aug 2, 2016.

1. gkis

gkis Rookie

Aug 2, 2016

Hi, guys!

I already had an interview with the STEM Supervisor and tomorrow am asked to meet the P of the school. Does anyone know how the interview with the P is different from other interviews? Just trying to get as ready as I can be. Thanks!!!

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Aug 2, 2016

It can be the difference between getting the job or not - some will interview the top couple of interviews and his decision pretty much ends the search. In other districts, it is a mere formality. My experience has been that you get more of the questions that deal with how you interact with students and how that is in keeping with the school culture, but I have limited experience, so others may tell you more. Good luck!

gkis likes this.
  4. gkis

gkis Rookie

Aug 2, 2016

Thank you so much, vickilyn. Very helpful as always :)

5. ece

ece Rookie

Aug 2, 2016

I've always had the P in on my first/only interview, so I've never had him as the second step. But usually they're looking for the day-to-day of things like classroom management, experience with the curriculum and how you will use it, communication with parents, working with other staff members, and probably scenario questions. Good luck!

gkis likes this.
  6. gkis

gkis Rookie

Aug 3, 2016

It was a very short interview with one question- to describe the relationship with my current students.

Then the P said that after the Superintendent comes back from vacation next week, they will be sending me an offer. Their biggest concern seemed to be me living in NY and applying in NJ- because of the residency requirement, but I stated I am prepared. I can barely breathe now and can't wait for the written offer so I can yell out of happiness.

This was a long road for me, not because of lack of interviews and even one offer I turned down, but my inability to be brave enough and take a humongous pay cut in order to teach. Well, my husband and I worked on it for a year and finally the stars are aligning...Hopefully everything will be OK next week.

vickilyn likes this.
  7. ece

ece Rookie

Aug 3, 2016

Awesome, congratulations!!

gkis likes this.
  8. Rashu12

Rashu12 Rookie

Aug 3, 2016

Hi congratulations!!
    I have also applied for paraprofessional position. I have also got the interview call from the P of elementary school and middle school. Can u please share ur interview experience? Just curious to know the type of questions asked. For which position u have applied?

9. gkis

gkis Rookie

Aug 3, 2016

I was applying for HS Math teacher. As I said above the interview with the Principal was a one question situation. I had previously interviewed with the STEM Director and we had a general talk about teaching, goals, approaches, handling situations and material. Good luck to you.

10. Rashu12

Rashu12 Rookie

Aug 3, 2016

Thank u

11. Rashu12

Rashu12 Rookie

Aug 3, 2016

Are you currently working as a teacher ? Do u have a parapro in your class?please help me with the nature of job of a paraprofessional. I have volunteer experience of 1year in first and third grade in US. Other than this,I have two years of teaching experience in India for 11and 12 grade in economics.

12. gkis

gkis Rookie

Aug 3, 2016

This would be my first year as a full time teacher ,so unfortunately I cannot give you more specifics.