Interview with Michael Jackson's Mom & Kids

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherSandra, Nov 8, 2010.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2010

wow; the interview was so touching.
    I, am so glad that Oprah landed that interview with Michael Jackson's mom. She is so sweet! No wonder Michael loved her!

3. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2010

I have not watched the episode yet.....but I just wanted to share that MJ did not love Oprah. As a matter of fact, she turned on him big time after the child abuse charges were brought up in 1993, shortly after the interview she did with him. She believed the charges were true and spoke out against it, never once defending Michael. Or at least asking the public to not judge before he's found guilty. She knew that her opinion was very convincing and it wasn't right. That being said, many Jacksons were not happy about Mama Jackson doing this interview and I don't blame them.
    I wanted to wait to watch until I was settled. I wasn't ready to be emotional yet until the kids were in bed. :( I'm sure it is a touching interview. :)

4. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2010

Thank you for sharing that, YoungTeacher. I didn't know where Oprah stood. I stopped watching her show several years ago.

But, she's had some awesome guests recently...Lisa Marie Presley, Ricky Martin, and Marie Osmond will open up on Thursday about her son's suicide. So, even though I don't care for Oprah, I will watch the show and listen to what her guests have to say.

It is an emotional interview and I for one am glad that Mrs. Jackson did it. And the Jackson grandchildren including Michael's kids were on as well.

5. Youngteacher226

Nov 11, 2010

I like Oprah overall, but she is all about ratings. She did the original MJ interview for ratings, but warmed up to him like she wanted to be a friend. Alot of people did that to him which is sad. But I am glad that Mrs. Jackson did the interview. We got to see MJ from a different perspective......from a mother's perspective and from his children's. At the end of the day, he was thier dad and her son and no one can take that away from them. It was touching.

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Nov 12, 2010

You're right that it gave us a look at a side of him that the public didn't get to see. It did make him more human. Those poor kids.

7. Youngteacher226

Nov 13, 2010

Ditto!! :(