Interview Updates

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by hep223, Jul 15, 2014.

1. hep223

hep223 Companion

Jul 15, 2014

Hello! I figured I would share my updates with everyone since we are all in this together. I had stopping sharing everything with everyone, even my family and I have found it isn't helping me so why not share?

I interviewed last Thursday for a local district that I initially did not want to work at. This was my 2nd interview with the same principal, but for a different position. I really like the principal and want the position. I am supposed to hear from her this week. After all the advice I have gotten on here and from my prior interviews, I feel like this one went really well and certainly way better than the first one with her. I am a little worried because she said she would be calling early in the week and she is the type who keeps her word.

Today, I had a 10 minute phone interview with an inner city charter school. They have moved me on to the 2nd round- a demo lesson. After finding out where the school is located (the posting did not say and the HR person who interviewed me today wouldn't share, I asked her assistant when he called to set up my demo.) I have decided to pass on this interview. The job is just not for me.

Tomorrow, I am interviewing for a part time ELA position. It is another great district. Please send positive thoughts my way!

Thank you for all reading and being part of my journey! :)

3. MrsJay

MrsJay Rookie

Jul 15, 2014

Good luck! I know how hard the job search is. All the waiting, "what if's", worrying and over analyzing. It will all work out and you will be where you are supposed to be. I was in your shoes 2 months ago and I never would have thought I would be where I am now.

4. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Jul 16, 2014

Good luck! Sending positive vibes your way :)

5. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jul 16, 2014

Good luck!

6. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 16, 2014

Wishing you the best!

7. DressageLady

DressageLady Comrade

Jul 16, 2014

Good luck!
    Sheilah

8. hep223

hep223 Companion

Jul 17, 2014

Thank you all! I feel the interview went well. No offense to any males on here, but what I have found (and not sure if others feel this way) is males are really awkward in interviews! I met with 2 men yesterday and it was just different, not bad, but different. I feel that I answered well and confidently.

Still haven't heard anything from my interview last week. Hoping she calls today or tomorrow. :)

9. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jul 17, 2014

Good luck! I hope you get a position that you would be comfortable in. Follow your gut--glad that you passed on that one interview when you knew it wasn't for you. You don't want to waste your time on something that you would hate! Fingers crossed for you!