Interview Tomorrow Morning

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by mom2alex, Jul 15, 2009.

1. mom2alex

mom2alex Companion

Jul 15, 2009

I am about to make myself go to bed and get some rest before my interview tomorrow. It is at 8:30 est so everyone please be thinking good thoughts for me. :) I decided to not wear the suit. I am wearing black dress pants and a short sleeve knit blouse. Since the pre-K position is at a preschool I thought it might be better if I wasn't so dressed up such as in the suit. I'll let you know how I feel after the interview!!

3. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 15, 2009

Thinking good thoughts and sending positive vibes. This could be THE one. You are the right fit... You are the one...:D

4. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Jul 15, 2009

Best of luck to you!!!

5. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Jul 15, 2009

Good luck!

6. reverie

reverie Companion

Jul 15, 2009

Good luck!!

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2009

Good luck!

8. Iteachyourkids

Iteachyourkids Companion

Jul 15, 2009

Good luck! You can do it!! :)

9. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 15, 2009

Good Luck - sending you good interview vibes :)

10. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

Jul 15, 2009

Break a leg! Blow them away! Knock their socks off!

... and all those other idioms that mean Good Luck!!!

11. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 16, 2009

Best Wishes to you. This may be a little late because it is almost 8:00 est, so you are probably on your way.

12. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 16, 2009

I hope your interview went well!

13. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 16, 2009

Me too! Hope you had a great interview!

14. mom2alex

mom2alex Companion

Jul 16, 2009

Thanks for the good thoughts! I think that the interview went well, but am a little confused as it was sort of different. I interviewed at a preschool for a pre-K position with one of the owners. She told me that it would be kind of crazy because she had to answer the phone and buzz people into the building. So, it was pretty casual and I liked that we just really chatted. She told me all about all of the requirements of the job and showed me the classroom. It was huge, the largest of the three pre-K classes and after we walked him she asked me if I would be intimidated by the size of the room. I told her no, that I loved the room. I was there for two hours but the actual interview part was like an hour an a half. She was taking care of other business the other time. She was really nice and said that she mainly dealt with the finance side of the business so she couldn't go into great detail about the education part. She asked me to tell her about myself and my experience with children that age. She also asked if I saw myself as a nurturer or someone that is structured in terms of teaching because they like to pair their teachers with an opposite minded teacher assistant. So, basically I feel like I did a good job but really I just listened and made small comments about the requirements of the job. She said that they should have a decision by tomorrow afternoon or by the latest on Monday because everyone is suppose to meet on Thursday to get to know each other. The other owner called while we were in the interview to ask her what she thought and she told her that she was still talking with me. The other owner is the one that had called me to set it up. So, have you guys any been on an interview like this or what are your thoughts? I am hoping they call!!