Interview today

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teachmemath, Aug 6, 2007.

1. teachmemath

teachmemath Companion

Aug 6, 2007

Hello my fellow teachers
    I just interviewed today at a christian high school. It went well. Reading the interview forum really helped. It was a very casual interview. The prinicipal asked me a few questions about my background, where have i been teaching, why did i leave my last school, what is/would be my biggest challenge in teaching. He then showed me a video of students and teachers talking about the school and the rundown of the school. He asked for references and he said he will get back to me later this week/next week.

It's a small school...has about 65 students. The school is small in itself. I definitely wouldn't mind working there. I would be the only math teacher there teaching algebra 1 & 2, geometry, pre-calc, and calc:)eek: I need to brush up on my calc asap.)

please pray for me :) . If I don't get it, it's back to subbing(it's a job right).

3. Big Shirley

Big Shirley Companion

Aug 6, 2007

Good luck. I hope you get it!

4. riverfairy

riverfairy Rookie

Aug 6, 2007

Hope all goes well

Good Luck!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

5. Miss L

Miss L Rookie

Aug 6, 2007

just said a little prayer for you! :) keep happy thoughts in your head!

6. ready2teachintx

ready2teachintx Companion

Aug 6, 2007

Best of luck! I too, went on an interview this morning. I feel that it went incredibly well. Please say a prayer for me as well. With me being a new teacher, I know that there is a lot of competition out there...but would love to jump in this year!

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 6, 2007

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

It's been about 7 years since I taught calc, but let me know if I can help WHEN THEY HIRE YOU :)

8. teachmemath

teachmemath Companion

Aug 6, 2007

Thank you all for your well wishes & prays. I truly appreciate it.:) . Alice you know i will be coming to you for advice when that happens :).
    You're like the godfather (or should I say the godmother) of this board :lol:

9. teachmemath

teachmemath Companion

Aug 7, 2007

UPDATE!!!

I didn't get the job folks
    Unfortunately the person I was suppose to be replacing changed his mind about moving and is coming back to the school. :( . Oh well. I guess it wasn't meant to be. He did say he will keep me in mind to be a tutor if any of the students needed it. He also said I would be better off teaching at the college level. Thanks for all the well wishes.

10. Miss L

Miss L Rookie

Aug 7, 2007

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason! Don't let it discourage you, it's nothing against you, I'm sure you're an amazing teacher. It just isn't the school you're supposed to be at. Your job is still on it's way to you! ;) Keep your chin up! :hugs:

11. ready2teachintx

ready2teachintx Companion

Aug 7, 2007

I agree with Miss L. It was not meant to be. Keep your head up:) . Something will come around for you. I can feel it. I got a call today, interview tomorrow..for Spec Ed Pre-school position. I really want the job that I interviewed on Monday to come through, but I am certainly not waiting for them to call. I am going to keep pressing on!:D