interview today

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by cinmcl61, Jul 25, 2005.

1. cinmcl61

cinmcl61 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005

Oh my gosh - I just got called at 8:15 for an 11:00 interview TODAY! At least I won't have time to get nervous. It's for a fourth grade class - I am nervous and excited. This board has meant so much to me with all the ideas.
    Wish me luck and cross your fingers.

Cindy

3. dee

dee Companion

Jul 25, 2005

I am sending my best wishes to you. Keep your head up and do your best. Remember to get a thank you card and send to them immediately after the interview. It may make the difference in your receiving the job.

4. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Jul 25, 2005

Petunia

Good Luck.... And let us know.... Fingers are crossed... as we wish you success.

5. luvmykids

luvmykids Companion

Jul 25, 2005

Good Luck!!

6. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 25, 2005

Be strong and talk about how you have a strong work ethic, that you will be dedicated to your students, fellow teachers, and overall school community. I wish you the best. :)

7. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jul 25, 2005

Good Luck!!! I hope everything works out for you!!

8. cinmcl61

cinmcl61 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005

So I had the interview - I think it went well.....it was the principal and vice principal and it was a nice chat. I should know by Thursday if my name is going before the superintendent.
    I made sure when I answered a question I told a story about how I did something. I think I talked a lot with my hands though. ;-)
    I'll keep you guys posted - the thing that was funny was I never had time to get nervous - I mean get the call at 8:15 to be there at 11:00. I think I was calmer than I would have been if I dwelled on it.

9. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 25, 2005

Glad to hear it went well! Fourth grade is awesome. Keep us posted

10. MsWilks13

MsWilks13 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005

I wanna know what happens...

Good luck! Keep us posted..

11. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 25, 2005

My fingers are crossed for you!! :) Can't wait to hear good news;-)

12. cinmcl61

cinmcl61 Rookie

Jul 26, 2005

OK - so I had to call back today with home phone numbers of some of my references - when I called the secretary said "Well I know she already called one" - so i am taking that as a good sign.
    But I must be wicked paranoid - did she take the additional phone numebrs to be nice or was the reference so bad shes not calling anymore. My principal (where I have subbed) liked me but didn't love me. He's been there 2 years - I have a great letter of recommendation form him - again I am just being paranoid. He is very hard to read. Its paranoia and not knowing - so I have decided to take it as a good sign that she called one already.
    Thank you for all your finger crossing 2/3 more days until I know.

13. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 26, 2005

If they are calling the references that is definitely good! If you were out of the running based on your interview, they wouldn't bother to check references. It's okay if the previous principal didn't love you - the recommendation will look good. Keep us posted!

14. cinmcl61

cinmcl61 Rookie

Jul 26, 2005

THANK YOU MISSY! You made a good point - if they didn't like me in the interview they would not have called a reference. You made me feel better - THANK YOU!!!!!!

15. teacher62604

teacher62604 Companion

Jul 26, 2005

Good Luck on your job search! I know it can be really hard until you get that call that says, "We want you!" I remember when I was doing interviewing I did a lot of Praying - and God ended up giving me a job in the most wonderful school! So I know it will happen for you! Keep Us Posted :) GL
    [​IMG]

16. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Jul 26, 2005

Congratulations on the interview and I hope it brings you an awesome job.

17. AChancetoTeach

AChancetoTeach Comrade

Jul 26, 2005

Hi! I too interviewed yesterday for a job! I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear. The principal said we would know, one way or the other, by tomorrow. I'll pray for you, you pray for me! Good Luck!

18. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Jul 26, 2005

When I interviewed for my current job 3 years ago, the principal called me to check to see if the people on my reference list were available since it was summer time. He read mye the information and I gave him updated information. So it was agood thing that he called to make sure the people were available to talk to about me... Take it as a good thing because most administrators would have made a decision during the interview or right after you leave if they want to bother. Good luck. Tell us when you get the news...

19. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Jul 26, 2005

AChancetoTeach-

Good luck!! I hope that you get the job. I know how nerve wrecking it can be when you have to wait for a phone call...

20. cinmcl61

cinmcl61 Rookie

Jul 26, 2005

Well I didn't get the job. She said I was first in line until the girl after me came in - she had 2 years of expereince and an extensive reading background - she said if a job came up in August she would call me.

One the bright side (I am desperatly trying to find one) is I think I am better at interviews now. I have had about 5 and I think I am more comfortable...so next time....watch out - I'll be ready

21. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Jul 26, 2005

Cinmcl61-

Sorry that you did not get the job. Chances are there is a better teaching job out there for you. You will get a job very soon. Sometimes things work in mysterious ways. Good luck finding another job.

22. AChancetoTeach

AChancetoTeach Comrade

Jul 26, 2005

Sorry you didn't get the job :sorry: ....I'm glad you still have a positive attitude though!