Interview Thank-You Quandary...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Turtle321, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Turtle321

Turtle321 Companion

Jun 2, 2008

Hello.

In had an interview today for a position I desperately want!

However, there were 7 people on the interview committee....:eek: (some of whom had nothing to do with the department/position whatsoever???), I know 3 of the names of the interviewers...but not all. There is no way I can contact each of these people directly. (7 follow-up letters?)

Anyway, is it ok to send one thank you 'to the committee'? By email or snail mail?

Thank you for your input.

3. Teacherella

Teacherella Habitué

Jun 2, 2008

I would probably email the thank you to the main person and just say "please pass on my thanks to the rest of the hiring committee." If there is one person in particular that had something to do with the position (ex: works at that school), you might want to email that person a thank you too.

4. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jun 2, 2008

I sent a letter formally addressed to the principal but made it out to "Dear <Principal> and Company". She was the lead interviewer and the initial contact.

5. colie

colie Companion

Jun 2, 2008

I think that you can send one general email or snail mail letter but you won't send out. In order to stand out and show the interviewer's that you want this job I think you should send out 7 personalized thank you letters to each person. This shows that you are willing to go the extra mile and how devoted you are. You can call the secretary to find out the other 4 ppl.

If you choose to do this I would try to personalize at least one sentence for each person. This is tough, I had an interview today with 6 ppl. It took me a while to find the perfect thing to say for each. Actually for the teachers I sent the same letter. I added a twist to each admin letter as they may have more weight in the decesion.

Good luck to you!
    I agree that you should send a thank you email to anyone that helped you get the interview.

6. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2008

I would say, Dear Interview Committee...

7. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jun 2, 2008

I agree with trayums if you don't know the names and can't get them. Send to the attention of the main guy/gal.

8. lmiysc

lmiysc Rookie

Jun 2, 2008

Just curious, is it better to send a typed letter or a handwritten thank you card?

Sorry to step in, just had an interview today.