Interview Thank You Letters

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by luvtoteach, Jun 26, 2007.

1. luvtoteach

luvtoteach Rookie

Jun 26, 2007

I put this inside another thread, but it brought up some more questions for myself mainly about writing thank you letters for interviews ...

I had a much anticipated interview today that went ok, but not great. The biggest issue I had was the principal talked so much I barely got a word in edgewise! I took my opportunities whenever I could - but it was wierd. For every question I answered she had a very long explanation or story of another related situation. I was in there for an hour and listened to her for 40 - 45 minutes. Don't get me wrong, I really like the principal a lot, but I am concerned that I didn't get a chance to make an impression and I know I didn't get to make some important points that I would have liked to.

I would like to write a thank you, but have never done that before. What do I include? Is it ok to make some points that I would have liked to in the interview? I don't know where to go from here and I know I have to wait until the week of the 9th to even hear anything. :(

3. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Jun 26, 2007

Yes! The thank-you note is a good place to mention some points that you didn't get to make in the interview.

4. luvtoteach

luvtoteach Rookie

Jun 27, 2007

The school I interviewed at was a small school that is trying to catch up in the technology area. The principal mentioned that she would like to bring in a couple of programs for the computer lab, but that the process is long and requires long, written requests. I would love the chance to get involved in something like this ... do you think this is appropriate to mention in a follow-up thank you letter? I truly couldn't get to this in the interview because she went on to another subject and I was trying to get in other important points before she began talking again!

5. SunShinePumper

SunShinePumper Rookie

Jun 27, 2007

I would defiantly write a thank you note. You should mention your interest in the technology program. Maybe even thoughts that you’ve had since the interview. Show that you are very interested. Thank you letters have been good luck for me.

Good Luck

6. luvtoteach

luvtoteach Rookie

Jun 27, 2007

Thank you ... it is helpful just to get ideas and thoughts from you all!