Interview Quota

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teacher304, Aug 13, 2011.

1. teacher304

teacher304 Companion

Aug 13, 2011

Does anyone's district have a quota for interviews. Like they must interview 3 or 4 etc.

Anyone ever been in a position where even if they give the best interview in the world they will NEVER get hired?

Anyone ever been interviewed as the person who would be considered only if the other few give HORRIBLE interviews.

I've been in too many situations where the interview has gone extremely well and I've been extremely prepared only to lose out to someone with more experience or less experience who might have subbed or student taught in district.

How can someone who is just there for the quota have confidence and do well???

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 13, 2011

When I was department chair, I was in charge of the preliminary interviews.

There was no quota. I pulled all the resumes that looked like a possible good fit, and called them in for an interview.

The problem is perspective. As the one being interiewed, you see how well your interview went... but you don't see the phenomenal interview that came along an hour later.

In my shoes, at least, it was never about the right answers. It was about the right person. It was like finding true love-- you don't always know exactly what you're looking for until you find it. Then there's no question at all in your mind that you've chosen correctly.

4. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 13, 2011

We have so many applicants that we must see for each position. It is not a hard and fast number. We can go over the minimum if we have several qualified persons. And even if the team THINKS that someone would be a perfect fit because they were a student teacher, had a great recommendation from someone highly respected, etc., there are never any guarantees because the next interviewee might just knock our socks off and make us rethink what we ACTUALLY need.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 13, 2011

I've never thought about that kind of thing & even if I did, I'm in no position to find out. I'd have to have a "spy" on the inside to maybe find that out for me. I doubt even the HR secretary would know that kind of thing, well maybe so. If asked, she may not divulge that info anyway.
    But, it's certainly a logical aspect to think about. I wouldn't doubt that certain districts might have a quota...not saying all of them.

I've just always prayed to God that if it's meant for me to have a job, I'll have it. If not, then it won't. Doesn't matter if 100 people or 10 apply.

Good luck! :) Do you dislike your HS teaching job?

6. teacher304

teacher304 Companion

Aug 13, 2011

Thanks Ms. I--I lost my position to budget cuts :(