Interview questions...

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by lcc2shc, Jul 10, 2007.

1. lcc2shc

lcc2shc Rookie

Jul 10, 2007

for teacher's assistant. Would they be any different than what would be in a teacher's interview? I would love to know what kind of questions they ask for a position like this.

Lori

3. Heathermeister

Heathermeister Rookie

Jul 10, 2007

I was hired as an instructional aide last year and a teacher this year for the same district. The questions were pretty much the same for both interviews. Here are a few that I can remember:

*Tell us about your educational background and your experiences teaching.
    *How do you differentiate instruction for a classroom full of diverse students?
    *What kind of extra resources would you use to supplement the curriculum?

They also asked me a question about classroom management. In total it was about 7-8 questions and lasted 15 minutes. There were 6 people interviewed for 2 positions and I was hired! I start teaching next month :)

Hope this helps!

4. lcc2shc

lcc2shc Rookie

Jul 10, 2007

Thank you Heather, I am going to print those out and put them with my other paperwork for interview questions.

Lori

5. Heathermeister

Heathermeister Rookie

Jul 10, 2007

I just remembered one more:

"What do you think is the most important subject and why?"
    Of course, I said reading was the most important because it is used for all the other subjects.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 10, 2007

These seem like strange questions to ask an aide...Differentiation and supplementing the curriculum questions are more geared toward a teaching position. I can forsee questions on my hiring committee for aide positions as more being about teamwork, flexibility, ability to be a self-starter without overstepping, how do you see your role as an aide, working with kids in terms of support but not teaching per se...