Interview Questions

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Jessica Barlock, May 12, 2018.

1. Jessica Barlock

Jessica Barlock Rookie

May 12, 2018

I have an interview coming up that I've heard from others is a tough interview. I've interviewed before so I've heard some questions frequently used, but what are some possible questions that I should get ready for? I'm very nervous and want to make sure I am as prepared as possible.

Thank you!

3. suzy7677

suzy7677 Rookie

May 12, 2018

Be prepared for classroom management questions and be able to exemplify your knowledge of the curticulum. It also helps to show interest in the district. If you can find a way to bring up your favorite book or author, or alternatively an interesting article that you read that resonates with you and will also with the interviewer. Most of my interviews entailed questions about my teaching style and philosophy. You want to let them know you are eager to work on a team and on committees. Also, tell them of any volunteering you have done and connect it to the subject you are interviewing for. Try to find common ground and win their hearts over. They want someone who is organized, sweet and goal oriented. Good luck!

4. Been There

Been There Habitué

May 12, 2018

In addition to the excellent advice from suzy7677, be prepared to show how uniquely qualified you are for the job at their school - you'll need to be knowledgeable of their current issues. Keep a list of your major accomplishments and be ready to use it give concrete examples whenever possible. Aside from being well-versed on the standards, pedagogy and the district, your primary focus should be on describing how your personal strengths would be invaluable assets to their district.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  5. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

May 28, 2018

What are your strengths and how do you apply in them in the classroom?

“I consider myself to be very resourceful. Taking workshops and attending conferences helps increase my knowledge and skills. I utilize these new strategies in my classroom, and share ideas with my admistrators and peers.”

What are your weaknesses and how do you handle them?

“At times, I am known to wear too many hats. Because of my desire to learn and acquire resources, I often try to help parents with issues beyond the classroom. If a parent is upset over a recent job loss or home eviction, I am quick to pass along local information from my community resource booklet that I designed to support parents & community involvement. I guess (smiling) I should let our social worker do that.”

6. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

May 29, 2018

What are your strengths and how do you apply in them in the classroom?

What are your weaknesses and what steps have you made to improve them?

Sorry, I posted this twice. :p

These are the two questions that come up in my interviews.