interview question/rollercoaster week

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Sub2Teach, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Sub2Teach

Sub2Teach Companion

Jun 15, 2007

Hi Everyone,

Well, its been kind of a rollercoaster week. After not hearing anything back from the interview I had two weeks ago, I felt very depressed. It was at school I thought I would be teaching at in August because I had subbed there quite a bit over the past couple years off and on. I knew the teachers and staff, so it was huge let down not being called back for a second interview. But, with the help and inspiration I got from my family and listening to my fellow posters on this website, I felt better and decided to start filling out tons of online applications this week and I got a call today from a school I had done one for last night. They have two openings-fourth and fifth grade teaching positions, which I've done as a sub. I did an after school program with sixth grade students as part of a long-term sub position. ANyway, I'm babbling, my question is how do you go from the first interview to being called back for a second one? Unfortunately, I've never been called back for a second one and I'm not sure why. I know I get really nervous during an interview and prior to one and I'd like to at least get a chance at this job via a second interview, so if anyone has any advice please please please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 15, 2007

Who are your favorite kids from the experiences you've had?

Try imagining (or, better, "imaging", as my friend 25YearsIn says: it's stronger in the direction of reality) that one of your favorite kids is in the scenario that an interview question asks about. Then answer on the basis of what that kid needs or those kids need, though tailoring your answer explicitly to the district and what you know of its goals and its perceived needs.

In other words, try not to go at this from fear ("Oh, no, it's for a job!") but from love ("What does this neat kid need, and how can I best help this district provide the best?")